Monday, June 17, 2013

Powder Room Day 5: Sanding the Hardwood

Unfortunately there is not much more I can do in the powder room until that new sink comes in, so I focused on sanding down the hardwood in the den. Here was the stained carpet that I tore up earlier this week.
And here is the hardwood floor as found under the carpet.
Like when we did the floors in the kitchen, I rented a drum sander, taped off the room with plastic and got to work. It took maybe 2 to 3 hours including doing the edges with the orbital and belt sanders.
While renting the sander, I also bought more paint and finished the painting in the powder room. Some touch ups pending after I get that damn sink in and close up the drywall.

And now we know: much less stressful sanding without the husband around freaking out about dust. I was able to vacuum, remove the plastic, wash the wall and vacuum again, so that the house was clean by the time he got home. That way all he had to do was admire the lovely floors!

No comments:

Post a Comment