Friday, May 9, 2014

Striped Soap Dish

Ever since I renovated it, I’ve been on the lookout for a blue soap dish for the powder room. Tom thinks I buy too many, but I just haven’t found the right one yet. Since it’s been almost a year, I decided to make my own and I started with a plain white one. 
I used painter’s tape to create horizontal stripes and painted them with leftover paint from the vanity. It took 4 coats to get good coverage, 1 a day as this paint has such a long drying time. The day I put on the final coat and removed the tape…the cat smashed it!
So I bought another one and painted it again, added 2 clear coats and I’m very happy with the results. 
It looks great in the bathroom, it brings in a little more blue.
And now we know: don’t leave the plastic drop cloth under the project once it’s done or the cat could catch it in one of her fits and knock over the project…

No comments:

Post a Comment