Sunday, January 27, 2013

Shelves for the Upstairs Closet

The upstairs closet was getting out of control, it’s hard to tell in the photo, but that pile is all sorts of random stuff and finding anything was difficult. 
Using the existing side supports and some laminate covered plywood, I added 2 shelves to the top of the closet. It’s still not pretty as it needs some paint and the trim patched but it gets the job done. I also wonder why they never painted the inside of the door? And why the side supports were installed all crooked…
Here is how it looks with all the stuff back in (except for the donation pile). It might look the same, but all the fabric and small items are now off the floor and only luggage and large pieces of foam are left at the bottom.
And now we know:  this was really a 2 person job, at 1 point I was trying to balance a shelf on my head while I adjusted the support, so I had to call in reinforcement

No comments:

Post a Comment