Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Kitchen: Touch Ups

I hung the upper doors and touched up the wall paint.

Much to the bemusement of my husband, I removed the pantry doors, replaced all 8 of the 90 degree hinges with 120 degree ones and re-installed the doors. It was really bothering me that the doors only opened until they were parallel with the pantry sides.

And now we know: the trick to having your hinges open the degree they advertise is to ensure the holes you drill are close enough to the door edge. If I did it again I would splurge for all 120 degree hinges and am thinking of eventually going back and replacing them on some on the more frequently used upper cupboards. Also I would purchase a new bit at the start of the reno instead of using a crappy old one that I had to sharpen twice per hole and that got so hot the wood got burn marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment