Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Kitchen: Calling It Finished

This weekend I did some more touch ups. Where the peninsula meets the wall, I primed and painted the drywall mud, then caulked the joint. 
The cutlery drawer got its edging. All the others were done prior to the start of construction, but I ran out of edge banding before the last one and never came back to it. 
Although there are still some minor things to do in the kitchen, it’s reached about 95% completion now, so I am calling it finished.

And now we know:  the only things left in the kitchen are painting of the ceiling where I patched it and adding moulding to the front of the melamine shelves. At this point I am burnt out from kitchen reno’s, work stress and being sick all at the same time, so these small things will have to wait for the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment