Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Kitchen Reno: Painting the Lower Doors and Drawer Fronts

Since I am running out of time, I’ve been doing some work in the evenings this week. All the drawer fronts now have 2 coats of black paint on both sides.
The lower cabinet doors also have 2 coats on each side and both sets are waiting their 48 hrs of drying time before they get a clear coat of polycrylic.
For the upper doors the frames are all cut, the ¼” groove is routered into each piece and the biscuit joints are cut. 
I started assembly and the boards are now joined in pairs.
And now we know: a small can of paint was definitely not enough, even before my mistake painting melamine. I had to buy a 2nd small can. Also painting with black outside at night with only a porch light is not the best plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment