Monday, July 23, 2012

Completion of the Ottoman

I think this ottoman is my favourite project to date…although at the time I love each project more than the last. Still it looks great all complete. For the top, I added 4” of foam layered with batting over top.
From there I added a layer of red fabric and started doing the tufting. Although fun, it turns out tufting is hard on the hands, pulling the thread really tight cuts into your skin over and over. The most important thing seems to be doubling up really strong thread for the button and to start in the centre and work out, line by line, then do the outside edges.
Once the top was done, I attached it to the frame with brackets and inserted the drawer. You can hardly tell there is even a drawer in there when its closed.
So far it is super comfortable to put your feet on compared to the toy chest that was there before 

And now we know: although it is much better for our feet, there is nowhere to put drinks but on the floor....guess an end table is going to be built in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment