Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Mailbox and Mini Chest of Drawers Makeover

This year I really want to start sprucing up the exterior of the house so it has some curb appeal. The only thing I've done so far is add new house number but I never even removed the old ones that were on the mailbox.
After peeling them off, I gave the whole thing a sand and covered the siding behind it with newspaper. After 1 coat of primer and 4 (!) coats of metallic spray paint it looks a lot better. It is supposed to be oil rubbed bronze, but to me just looks like shimmery black. Not bad…it may need a clear top coat at some point though.
Also painted this weekend was a little chest of drawer that has been sitting in our closet for a couple of years. The hot pink and unicorn look from my childhood had to go, so I painted it grey and purple to match our second bedroom. I’ve re-organized my sewing supplies into the little drawers.
And now we know: I’ve read so many rave reviews of this colour spray paint on the blogs, but it was not as great as I though it would be. Maybe it would look better on something smaller and/or metal?

No comments:

Post a Comment