Sunday, November 7, 2010

Building a Table For My Parents (& a Mirror Frame)

My mum has been hinting that she would like an end table for a narrow spot at the end of the sofa. After all the support my parents have given us in the past 2 years, I thought building her one would be a nice thank you surprise. Also it would be a good way to try building my first drawer!

The plans are simple to match the existing Teak mid-century furniture in the space:

At the same time I started cutting wood for a new mirror frame. I got a mirror for $5 at a garage sale, but the frame is broken and a little traditional for my taste.

The new design is a variation on a sunburst mirror, with radials of alternate thickness of wood; 1/2” and 1”.

And now we know: mirror frames are an easy project to sneak into the lineup as they require minimal amounts of wood. Also the cat wants to be in every photo taken in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment