Sunday, February 2, 2014

Outlets and Switches

As I still haven’t found fabric to finish my chairs, I’m still plugging away on little projects. This time it’s replacing the electrical outlets and switches throughout the house. Since we moved in they’ve been a mis-match of beige, gold, black and some white in a variety of styles.


I’m switching them over to white ones that have a square face. So far so good, I only had trouble with one outlet that was sunk really far into the wall and I got it resolved eventually.
The dimmer in the dining room is and especially nice upgrade, as the previous one was covered in glue or something...
Even the 3 switches got replaced.
At this point the main floor is complete, except for the kitchen, and I plan to do the rest slowly when Tom is not home and not using the power.

And know we know: there are dimmer switches that have the converter built in so you can use regular CFL’s or LED’s instead of paying more for the dimmable bulbs

No comments:

Post a Comment