Sunday, January 19, 2014

Kitchen Shelf and Face Frame

Along with my trim painting, I did some patching of the face frame on one of the kitchen cabinets. This area around the microwave has always bothered me, there was a small gap in the frame that I never got around to filling.
I finally cut the little piece of wood, patched and painted it. Big improvement...that no one else will notice, but still glad it’s done.
In the cupboard above I decided to add a partial shelf, all sorts of stuff was being put on the cutting boards making it hard to get them out and put them away.
Using ¾” particle board with a laminate finish and ¾” oak strips as support I built in a partial shelf. The edges and trimmed out in thin oak strips as well.
Now that it is patched and painted, it looks like it’s always been there. Functionally it’s made a big difference aswell.
Finally, I got a pretty new rug for the kitchen
And now we know: over a year later and I’m still finishing up those small things in the kitchen, there’s probably still more to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment