Sunday, December 1, 2013

Webbing Part 2

First on the plan for this weekend was finishing the webbing on the seat. I ran 3 more strips on each, running side to side and woven with the previous 3 rows.
Then I cut out additional curved pieces for the lower back and screwed them in place. I left these to the end to allow space for the seat webbing install. The back of seat webbing will now be attached to this curved piece.
Next I started on the webbing for the back. Same as the seat, 3 strips in each direction, but because of the curve these were not woven. 
Finally I covered the chairs in fabric. This will help keep the foam in place and from falling through the gaps in the webbing. 
And now we know: leave a gap of at least 1” between the seat and the lower back piece. Some of them I installed with less of a gap, thinking it would look better when upholstered, but having webbing plus 2 layers of fabric going through there is very tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment