Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chair Frames Complete

Well, Tom has me on a deadline again. The chairs are close to being done and we have a couple of parties coming up so he is nagging me like there’s no tomorrow. The first item towards completion was finishing off the backs so I added a sheet of 1/8” particle board, shimmed to lie flat with the frame and stapled in place.

From there I added 2 layers of quilt bating and some fabric and stapled it all in place. After sewing another 2 strips of piping in the dark grey colour, I glued them on around the edge to hide the unfinished sides and the staples. Not all the staples are covered, but I am currently at a loss as to how to address that problem.

So now the chair frames are complete, all that is left is hand sewing up the cushion covers, 2 of which are already done.

And now we know: the hand sewing will take me forever to finish…its my least favourite part

No comments:

Post a Comment