Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 5 of Our Summer Week of Reno’s

I was left alone for Friday while Tom went to the cottage for emergency tree removal. After a tornado hit the area the previous weekend, a tree was resting on the corner of the cottage and the guys spent the day trying to remove it with a chain saw.

While he was out of my hair, I did a light sand and got a 2nd coat of mud on the new drywall.

Then I moved to the freshly sanded stairs, wiping them with a tack cloth before applying 2 coats of varathane finish, an hour apart, to every second tread. This allowed us to still access the upstairs while allowing the varathane to not be walked on for 24hrs.

My final project of the day was to install new quarter round in the upstairs hallway where the carpet was removed.

I also caulked it and finally caulked around the new door that we installed when renovating the master bedrooms closets over a year ago

And now we know: not related to our renovation but boys do dangerous things when taking down trees. For example using a rope to pull on a huge tree while standing downhill from it…


No comments:

Post a Comment