Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Finishing the End Table

Back to work on that end table, I attached the legs to the box. I used screws from inside as well as glue. The hardest part was that my drill didn’t fit inside, so manual screwdriver in was.
 Then came 3 coats of clear coat over the stain
Next I attached the drawer front. I glued and nailed it in place, which in retrospect was a bad idea. It took 3 rounds of filler before the holes didn’t show.
 Once dry, I put a few coats of blue on the drawer front and edges and attached the handle
Here is the table sitting in place next to the sofa. I am happy with the shape, size and design, but am not 100% sure I like the blue with the wall colour. I’ll live with it for a while then I can always re-paint those parts.
And now we know: don’t nail through the front even if it is the easiest way to get the drawer front lined up properly. Bring your wall colour when you buy spray paint

No comments:

Post a Comment