Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Start of 2 New Dressers

We figure that people buying a house would want to have a dresser in the master bedroom. Probably a correct assumption, right? Currently we have 2 dressers in the 2nd bedroom and can’t find a layout that suits us for moving one into the master. The best way to work dressers in would be to have 2 small drawer units as bed side tables. Furniture costs money, which we are trying to save and/or prioritize on ‘more important’ so I thought I should build them. Did I mention my husband was away on a boys weekend and I miss my mitre saw?

Here is the plan for the dresser (x2):

Total for the wood for both was about $100. The sides, tops and fronts will be solid pine. The drawers and back will be pine veneer plywood. So far all I got to was some of the cutting. Wood is so fun.

And now we know: a 4’x8’ sheet will not fit in my parents SUV. My brother is more fun to shop with for wood than my husband; he understands the importance of taking your time and selecting good boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment