Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Chairs - Painting the Frames

My parent picked these 2 chairs out of a pile by the road sometime in the fall. They were pretty grungy and smelled somewhat nasty.

Again, looking for low cost projects and getting concerned about the rocking motion developing in our other dining chairs, I decided it was time to re-finish them. Same as the bench; I gave them a sand, a coat of primer and 2 coats of black paint. I didn’t have any of the brown paint left to match the other chairs, so used the same paint as the bench instead. There is a noticeable difference in colour so the plan is to gradually repair the older chairs (the joints need to be put back together and strengthened) and give them a coat of black paint. I was getting tiered of the brown anyways!

And now we know: Free chairs are great, especially when they are well built

No comments:

Post a Comment