Sunday, August 15, 2010

Making Room for the Fridge

We were supposed to spend a nice Saturday afternoon biking, but my husband was hung-over and did not get out of bed till 2. I decided to get some stuff done around the house.

I built a shelf for the bathroom above the toilet. It’s just a simple floating box with mitred corners made of a pine board. Still needs to be stained.

Then I started working on modifying the cabinet formerly above the fridge. We had moved our wine rack/portable counter thing underneath to make room for the fridge on the other side of the room.

Strategically, I started while my husband was in the shower, so that the sounds of hammering could alert him that a project was underway. After taking the bottom out, I cut 1” off the bottom of the sides and the doors. I cut a new bottom and installed it with the framing nailed. It took a couple of hours but now the fridge is back in its rightful location.

And now we know: my husband needs a week’s warning not only when he is participating in a project, but when a project is going to occur in the house. Apparently it “disrupts his habitat”


No comments:

Post a Comment